Job ID: req985
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The Cancer Research Technology Program (CRTP) develops and implements emerging technology, cancer biology expertise and research capabilities to accomplish NCI research objectives. The CRTP is an outward-facing, multi-disciplinary hub purposed to enable the external cancer research community. A major focus of the CRTP is the NCI RAS Initiative with the goal to discover new therapeutic interventions against RAS-driven cancers. In addition, the CRTP hosts the Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL) which performs and standardizes preclinical efficacy and toxicity testing of nanoparticles intended for cancer therapeutics and diagnostics, and the Antibody Characterization Lab (ACL) which characterizes monoclonal antibodies or other renewable affinity binding reagents for use in cancer related research. CRTP scientists also work collaboratively with intramural NCI investigators to provide research technologies and expertise.
- Design and monitor preclinical studies in rodent
models, including toxicology and cancer efficacy trials
- Present findings orally and in report format
- Bachelor of Science degree in biological sciences from an accredited college/university or four (4) years equivalent experience in the appropriate field in lieu of degree
- In addition to the education requirement, a minimum of 8 years of related scientific experience is required, including at least two (2) years of experience designing and
interpreting rodent safety and efficacy studies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security
- 4 years of experience designing and interpreting rodent
safety and efficacy trials
- Previous hands-on experience conducting animal studies,
preferably within a GLP environment
- Experience in processing and analyzing samples in a
- Basic understanding of
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to animal(s) and/or animal material(s).
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations.
- This position is subject to working with radioactive material and requires to become an approved radiation worker.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)