Job ID: req949
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The Research Subcontracts Group provides acquisition support to the National Cancer Institute's (NCI), Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) as well as operations and specific subcontracting support for the NCI-Bethesda, National Institute of Allergy and Infection Diseases (NIAID) and other related Government initiatives. Specifically, subcontracts provides pre/post award acquisition and administration for highly complex research programs, scientific services, field trials, and related projects at FNLCR through execution of agreements with third parties, often commercial companies and non-profit research institutions or universities.
Under guidance and supervision, Subcontract Administrator will be trained to:
- Draft solicitation packages and solicits proposals, conducts bidder evaluations, negotiates terms and conditions, pricing, and schedules with management input. Prepares final award documents and administers subcontract through its lifecycle.
- Review statements of Work submitted by program, recommends appropriate changes if required in areas such as defined deliverables, acceptance criteria, and general structure of the document.
- Determine appropriate subcontract type and ensures all prime contract, federal, corporate, other agency supplement provisions and clauses are flowed down as required.
- Responsible for file preparation, file maintenance, and full file documentation to meet internal audit standards and those of an approved government acquisition organization.
- Document the award justification within the Acquisition Summary to include cost/price analysis, risk evaluation, technical response evaluation, and award eligibility.
- Provide post award subcontract management to include invoice approval, issuing subcontract modifications, ensuring deliverables and performance measures are met, and close out activities.
- Review invoices and payments and modifications as needed, and provides performance tracking and closeout for the full subcontract lifecycle.
- Responsible for accuracy of subcontract data entry into the financial system as well as the subcontract management system. May participate in or conduct bidders' conferences and manages source evaluation groups that are responsible for technical/business review of bidder's proposal responses.
- May participate in special project groups.
- Interact with and and support other areas such as Internal Audit, Finance, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority. Work in a subcontracts environment both independently and within a team. Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/subcontracts. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with non-technical and technical staff. General working knowledge of systems utilized and regulations such as: Federal Acquisition Regulations in a prime contract environment, principals of contract law, best practices in subcontracting, and the balance between federal subcontracting and commercial subcontracting processes and procedures. Knowledgeable in cost reimbursement, Time and Materials, and other common subcontract types. Proficiency in word processing systems, i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access or similar systems.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university or two (2) years directly related experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- A minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible job related experience in contract/subcontract administration
- Proficient in MS Excel/Word/Outlook
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)