Prog Analyst III
Job ID: req853
Facility: Rockville: 9605 MedCtrDr
Location: 9605 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through the discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS and emerging infectious diseases. The Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (BIDS) directorate works collaboratively and helps to fulfill the mission of the Frederick National Laboratory in the areas of biomedical informatics and data science by developing and applying world leading data science and computing technologies to basic and applied biomedical research challenges, supporting critical operations, developing and delivering national data resources, and employing leading-edge software and data science to effectively enable and advance clinical trials. The Biomedical Applications Development Center (BADC) is part of BIDS and is primarily involved in developing the informatics system and providing data reporting capabilities for precision medicine clinical trials supported by NCI. BADC designs, develops, operates and maintains the artificial intelligence systems associated with the assignment of patients to treatment arms. BADC is a diverse team of computer scientists, bioinformaticians, and managers who work together using Kanban/Agile principles and serverless computing in all their efforts. Using leading edge cloud systems, BADC has been recognized for their innovative work in Cancer research.
- Design, Develop and Test Software Engineering Solutions (APIs and Functions) mainly in Pediatric Match project but also across all Biomedical Application Developer Center Projects
- Gather and analyze requirements to propose sound technical solutions
- Work across functional teams to deploy software via the CI/CD pipeline
- Document requirements and solutions
- Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, in computer science or computer technology related fields. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of web-based systems using Java, application servers, relational or NoSQL database
- Complete understanding of software development life cycle
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Ability to accurately collect requirements and estimate the efforts involved
- Ability to work in team or independently on projects and finish them on time
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- 8 - 10 years of experience in enterprise software development in Java, Ruby or Python
- Proven ability (and willingness) to learn new programming languages and new technologies
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate development effort across teams
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) |
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)