Program Manager I
Job ID: req1856
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: ATRF: Other
Location: 8560 Progress Drive, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
The role of the Partnership Development Office (PDO) is to work with Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) staff to assist in building multi-disciplinary partnerships with academic, FFRDCs, industrial and private organizations. The goal of these collaborative agreements is to accelerate treatment for cancer and AIDS by bridging the gap between late discovery and early development of diagnostics and therapeutics, developing cross-cutting technology platforms, and developing data standards.
The Program Manager for the PDO will be a key resource, with the primary responsibility of managing and coordinating partnership development and implementation processes, client relationships, and partnership projects related to academic partnerships.
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Development of partnering opportunities with small and/or minority-owned business in the context of oversight and management of contractual mechanisms and processes for Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs) and similar partnering agreements and mechanism
- Development and support of partnering initiatives with academic institutions, related to diversity and inclusion, in the context of managing partner participation, monitoring and reporting activities and communications, including delivery of outcomes and opportunities for partnership and training
- Comprehensive project management and administrative oversight (monitoring and reporting) of partnership project objectives, deliverables, milestones, and contractual obligation to ensure the success of partnership projects and initiatives
- Relationship coordinator between FNLCR and partners, focused on small business, minority-owned business, and minority serving universities
- Develop and manage management system to track partner communications and partner activities
- Other administrative duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in science or business related field or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the educational requirements a minimum of 0-2 years of progressively responsible job related experience, including project management, business development, technology transfer and customer relations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master’s degree in Business, or Ph.D. in science or engineering preferred in combination with MBA
- Knowledge of partnership management and business development acumen
- Experience in building international partnerships and collaboration
- Business systems skills
- Familiarity with government business mechanisms
- Working knowledge of scientific principles related to the program, technology transfer, licensing, and intellectual property
- MSOffice, Adobe, SharePoint, Virtual meeting platform familiarity
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)