Applications Support Specialist II, (Helpdesk)
Job ID: req1830
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Rockville: 9605 MedCtrDr
Location: 9605 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through the discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS and emerging infectious diseases.
The Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (BIDS) directorate works collaboratively and helps to fulfill the mission of Frederick National Laboratory in the areas of biomedical informatics and data science by developing and applying world leading data science and computing technologies to basic and applied biomedical research challenges, supporting critical operations, developing and delivering national data resources, and employing leading-edge software and data science to effectively enable and advance clinical trials.
The CBIIT Technical Operations Support (CTOS) Group is part of BIDS within Leidos Biomedical Research. The CTOS team is primarily involved in the operations and execution of the projects sponsored by NCI-CBIIT. Please see https://cbiit.nci.nih.gov/ for details about CBIIT’s mission.
Leidos Biomedical Research is seeking a talented resource to join the CBIIT Support team. The Application Support Specialist II will:
- Support the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information and Technology (CBIIT) missions through effective help desk customer service
- Provide basic Jira Administration, knowledge of creating/customizing projects, workflows and schemes; managing users and groups
- Respond to users’ requests for help via phone, email or electronic systems
- Analyze customer problems and implement the corrective actions
- Create, update and close support calls in ServiceNow
- Write and/or generate reports providing detail of ticket requests
- Creates or update standard operating procedures documents as needed
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirement, a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience
- Basic JIRA Administration knowledge to include creation and customization of projects and management of users
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative and team focused
- Can understand and follow technical instructions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)