Financial Analyst/Project Controller II
Job ID: req1576
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.'s Financial Operations Directorate oversees all financial planning and management activities for the Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research (FNLCR), sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). We currently seek a Project Controller II to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team at our Frederick, MD location.
The Project Controller II will be responsible for full life-cycle financial planning and analysis support on multi-year, large research and development projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- The development and on-going support of basis of estimates, project cost, schedules and milestones, resource allocation, cost and schedule status reporting, and ad hoc financial analysis support to program management assessment
- Regularly monitor project funding, cost, schedule and performance and will support life-cycle updates of cost estimates to completion (ETC)/estimates at completion (EAC)
- Responsible for pricing new task orders and changes to existing projects
- Work in close coordination with project managers to assess program performance for reasonableness against cost and schedule, assist managing change control of scope of work and/or resource allocation, and respond to invoicing inquiries
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to education requirement, a minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial management concepts
- Intermediate to advanced level of experience in use of spreadsheets, databases, and financial planning tools
- Experience supporting multiple programs and process multiple tasks with a proven ability to collect and analyze information in a complex and dynamic operating environment
- Intermediate to Advanced excel and database skills/abilities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Three (3) years of experience in project controls or related program planning and analysis role
- Knowledge of appropriate government contracting regulations and various contract types, indirect cost pools, and forward pricing
- Knowledge of or experience using Deltek financial software; Cognos; and IBM Planning Analytics/FocusPoint/TM1
- Familiarity with government contracting
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in complex/dynamic operating environment
- Possess strong customer service orientation, including both internal and external customers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)