Job ID: req1535
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
The Information Technology Support (ITS) group provides computer support, including operations, technical support services, and software development, to the Developmental Therapeutics Program (DTP) of the NCI Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD). The ITS provides core services, including data acquisition within the laboratories, data analysis, and web publication of experimental results. Computer support is provided for many functions including: identifying and scheduling compounds to test, preparing and handling the compounds, performing the experiments, and analyzing experimental results for activity. Support also includes the administration of over 100 servers. System consultation and support to the various software developers and scientists who use the system are also provided.
DTP manages 20-40 systems housing decades of annotated data including chemical structures, patient derived models and screening results. There are opportunities to add connectivity between multiple databases and to bridge to other data sources in order to develop strong analytical and data mining tools that enable new therapeutics discovery and development. This position will help modernize, integrate and combine querying of chemical, genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic and other datasets to advance treatments for cancers via a web-based dashboard that will support complex querying thereby allowing scientist and the scientific community to view and analyze the results of such queries.
- Design / build a web-based dashboard
- Work closely with database developers, programmers, and other technical staff
- Apply security mechanisms to ensure data integrity and controlled access to data accessible via the dashboard
- Integrate various COTS applications into the dashboard for extending its capabilities
- Provide multiple options for viewing query results (i.e., graphs, reports, images, etc.)
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant accessible solutions
- Implement a user-centered design approach which includes testing and iterating upon designs
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to education requirement, a minimum of 5 years related experience
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the following:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Proficient in web technologies (Angular, React, Vue.JS, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience working with:
- Java Server Faces
- Prime Faces
- EJB 3
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)