Logistics Associate, Delivery Driver
Job ID: req1425
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
Contracts and Acquisitions (C&A) provides all purchasing, subcontracting, receiving, warehousing, distribution, and transportation services for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR).
- Driving automobile, light truck, mid-sized vehicle
- Operating material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet trucks, etc.) to pick-up and deliver parcels, material, equipment, feed and bedding, compressed gasses (Cylinders/dewars) to various business areas or governmental agencies, to include local delivery area
- Delivering time critical packages (packaged biological materials), equipment and office items to end-user within established time frames
- Obtaining chain of custody signatures
- Performing miscellaneous errands; such as carrying mail to and from post office, sorting/processing or opening incoming/outgoing mail
- Obtaining receipts for articles delivered and keep a log of items received and delivered
- Conducting routine preventative maintenance inspection of vehicles
- This routing includes the D.C. Metropolitan area. This position is designated as a Primary Driver and will be responsible for complying with the Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. Use of Fleet Government-Owned or -Leased Vehicles Standard processes
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of One (1) year of related work experience with transport and delivery of materials
- Ability to read and comprehend policies and procedures and read road maps/follow GPS
- Ability to lift and carry boxes and packages up to 50 lbs.; walk, stand, stair climb, bend and stoop
- Knowledge/experience within a Delivery and Warehouse setting
- Familiarity with the general provisions of hazardous materials in transportation
- Ability to recognize most hazardous materials and knowledge of emergency response information, self-protection measures, and accident prevention methods and procedures
- Must have and maintain a valid State Driver's License issued by the state in which the incumbent/candidate resides for each class of vehicle to be operated on company business
- Must have no more than three (3) demerit points in the previous twelve (12) months or five (5) demerit points in the preceding thirty-six (36) months as determined by the Leidos Biomedical Use of Government Owned or Leased Vehicles Policy.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to animal(s) and/or animal material(s)
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations
- This position is subject to working in or have the potential to exposure to high noise levels for extended periods of time requiring medical clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)