Senior Program Coordinator
Job ID: req1317
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
The Clinical Services Program's primary mission is to perform sequential studies using samples obtained from patients with cancer, AIDS, chronic granulomatous disease or other diseases associated with immunologic dysfunction, as well as to monitor viral load in patients with HIV.
The Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer Program investigates immune responses to vaccines in preclinical and clinical studies, with a focus on HPV and most recently on COVID-19.
The Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer Program is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide administrative support to the Program.
The position requires exceptional organizational and communication skills as well as basic knowledge of immunology, infections, vaccine, and clinical trials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to various designated projects related to COVID-19
- Provides administrative and programmatic support including planning, research, analysis and correspondence for the projects and for the Program
- Evaluates project related supply requests and obtains appropriate approvals for items to include, but not limited to laboratory/research equipment/supplies, office supplies, and other operational supplies
- Responsible for placing orders
- Oversees and tracks delivery and receipt of placed orders
- Drafts vendor justifications, reviews vendor invoices and monitors adherence to budgets
- Responsible for shipment requests
- Tracks and coordinates shipping (international and domestic)
- Monitors shipments, tracks orders and related information for invoice processing
- Researches and manages high-level equipment procurement requirements, trainings, and service maintenance agreements
- Communicates and interacts with administrative, technical and program management staff, both internally and externally, to gather and compile information for dissemination
- Maintains various tracking systems using Microsoft Excel, SharePoint and other applicable project and program related software
- Assists in the collection and compilation of metrics data and operational accomplishments in support of Leidos Biomed reporting requirements
- Arranges and coordinates meetings, seminars and conferences, including logistical matters such as locations, times, participants, agendas and schedules
- Manages central document archive for study-related and subcontract-related documents
- Responsible for travel arrangements per established Federal Travel Regulations (FTR)
- Prepares and/or assembles presentations, background information and related materials and information for meetings
- Prepares internal and external correspondence and memos, and transcribes and edits meeting minutes for final review
- Coordinates conference room scheduling/logistics and calendars for staff
- Assists in proposal and manuscript preparation
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in biomedical/clinical research/healthcare or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Experience in procurement acquisition, shipping and inventory management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) shipping regulations
- Project Management training
- Health science, public health or laboratory experience, particularly in infectious diseases and vaccines
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)