Job ID: req1226
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public’s interest.
The Clinical Services Program's primary mission is to perform sequential studies using samples obtained from patients with cancer, AIDS, chronic granulomatous disease or other diseases associated with immunologic dysfunction, as well as to monitor viral load in patients with HIV.
The Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer Program investigates immune responses to vaccines in preclinical and clinical studies, with a focus on HPV.
- Serve as scientific/technical for assay development & validation and high throughput testing.
- Plan and work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform technical development and qualification /validation of various immunological assays including cell-based viral neutralization assays, ELISAs, multiplex assays
- Assay Development (including experimental design and troubleshooting), optimization and validation of immune assays.
- Previous experience in conducting assay validation, including protocol and report writing.
- Provide scientific and managerial capabilities to the assigned project.
- Design, implement, execute assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Prepare documentation associated with project/objectives including technical reports, SOPs, project specific protocols & reports.
- Prepare manuscripts and scientific presentations.
- Ensure laboratory procedures and testing is compliant with internal requirements and quality system.
- Work with automated systems (such as Robotic liquid handling), system integration and software programming.
- Oversight of critical reagent and equipment qualification and validation relevant to the various assays.
- Present data and scientific findings at meetings
- PhD with 0-2 years (LEVEL I) or 2-5 years (LEVEL II) relevant post-doctoral experience in Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular biology or related field in GCLP Clinical Immunology Lab or other related areas in Biotech or Pharma Industry setting.
- Extensive experience in ELISA, viral neutralization assays and mammalian cell culture required.
- Experience in development, qualification & validation of relevant immune assays in GCLP environment.
- Experience in conducting assay validation, including protocol and report writing.
- Understanding of GCLP requirements and other FDA regulatory requirements for immunological testing
- Team player with outstanding oral/written communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Strong Computer skills and experience with relevant software such as Softmax, Excel, PowerPoint, ability to analyze data using statistical tools (e.g. JMP, Prism).
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced high throughput clinical assay lab under GCLP or CLIA
- Experience with LIMS and Robotics
- Experience compiling and analyzing large data sets
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)