Post Doctoral Fellow
Job ID: req922
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The Cancer Research Technology Program (CRTP) develops and implements emerging technology, cancer biology expertise and research capabilities to accomplish NCI research objectives. The CRTP is an outward-facing, multi-disciplinary hub purposed to enable the external cancer research community. The CRTP hosts the Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL) which performs and standardizes preclinical efficacy and toxicity testing of nanoparticles intended for cancer therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Nanotechnology Characterization Lab (NCL) serves as a national resource and knowledge base for all cancer researchers to facilitate the regulatory review of nanotechnologies intended for cancer therapies and diagnostics. By providing the critical infrastructure and characterization services to nanomaterial providers, the NCL accelerates the transition of basic nanoscale particles and devices into clinical applications.
- The postdoctoral fellow will perform translational studies to evaluate the applicability of an in vitro assay suite to immunogenicity screening of therapeutic peptides. The project will be funded by and conducted in collaboration with the US Food and Drug Administration
- The postdoc will work with human primary blood cells to study maturation of dendritic cells, as well as analyze cytokine and proliferative responses of leukocytes. He/she will also work with human blood plasma to study activation of the complement system
- The postdoctoral will also analyze peptide drug products for the presence of innate immunity modulating impurities
- Possession of a doctorate degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U. S. equivalency
- No work experience required beyond the doctorate
- Hands-on research experience in biomedical field
- Primary cell culture and co-culture, Western blotting, Flow Cytometry, ELISA experience
- Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) Assay experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Experience with handling therapeutic peptides
- Experience with isolation and analysis of various immune cell populations
- Understanding of key aspects of immunogenicity
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)